Once you finalize setting up your Techpacker account you will be directed to the My Organization page
Step 1 - Add a new folder
In the dashboard, click on the "+ ADD FOLDER" button to create a new custom folder. This will allow you to organize your tech packs efficiently.
A new custom folder will be created. Click open to be directed to the Techpack dashboard page associated with that folder.
Step 2 - Add a new techpack
On the Techpack dashboard page, locate the button labeled "+ Add new techpack" This button is situated under any of the three default stages provided by Techpacker.
Stages let you and your team track the progress of your techpacks during product development. You can edit or add these stages at any time. Learn more about stages here.
Step 3 - Techpack settings
Your techpack settings will pop-up (as shown below) so you can introduce the basic information such as design title, cover image, size range, color combos, etc.
Start by entering-
- Techpack/Design title.
- Design description.
- A flat sketch or an image of your design that will also serve as the cover image of your techpack in the preview.
- Clicking here reveals two new features. You can rotate your cover image, 90° at a time, and also remove.
When done continue to sizes.
To easily navigate across the settings you can switch to tabs mode by clicking on this icon as shown below
Step 4 - Size settings
In this section, you will enter the sizing information of your design.
- Enter the Size-range of your design here. You may enter your sizes manually (i.e., one-by-one) in the Custom size field or choose from the default sizes provided above.
- Select your Sample size.
- Select your preferred Units of measurement between Inches or centimeters for your tech pack. You can also set a default unit for your entire organization's tech packs via organization settings.
Click on the Colors tab when done.
Step 5 - Color settings
Similar to the size settings, in this section, you will enter the color details of your design.
- Enter the Color-range of your design here. You may enter your sizes manually (i.e., one-by-one) in the Custom size field or choose from the default sizes provided above.
- Select your Sample color.
Click on the Keywords tab to continue.
Step 6 - Add keywords
Adding keywords to your design techpack:
Keywords work similarly to social media hashtags. They help you and your team easily locate a particular techpack through filter search. You can add your own custom keywords based on season, details, silhouette, factory name, etc, and keep all your tech packs organized within the same folder.
Keywords are also helpful to generate company-wide reports. Learn how.
Step 7 - Custom fields
Adding custom fields to your design techpack:
The techpack custom fields brings uniformity and consistency within all the techpacks while adding key products details. Teckpack custom fields data is used when you generate a line sheet report .
However, you can easily add your own custom fields through your organization settings.
Step 8 - Add Time tracking
Make sure when you add any techpack, you assign a stage to it. Click on this article to see how's it done.
Time tracking is a feature you can use to plan and monitor the progress of your techpacks. You can set up your planned start and end dates for every stage of a techpack.
To track and get an overview of your product's development progress, you can add completion progress in percentages (%) format for each techpack stage. Here's how this works -
- Click on the + plus icon located next to your stages.
- A time track window will pop-up
- Click on this dropdown icon adjacent to planned row and set your start and end dates.
- Click the save button.
The actual start/end dates are auto-updated once you move a tech pack from one stage to another. This means you don't have to enter them manually. However, you also have the option to manually update the actual start and end dates. Read more about how to update actual dates.
That's it! Your techpack settings are now complete. You can edit them anytime by clicking on the gear icon located on top of your techpack preview card.
Finish by clicking "done" or anywhere outside the pop-up area. Your new techpack will now be ready on your techpack dashbaord. Click on the techpack to continue editing or adding design details as cards.