1. What is Document Settings?
Document settings panel is located in your Techpack's Doc View page, next to your Techpack PDF preview.
This panel helps you customize the layout of your Techpack PDF and choose which section or design detail to include or not.
2. How to add/remove comments in your PDF
Check this Include comments option from your document settings to include all your techpack card comments in a separate page in your PDF.
3. How to attach files in your PDF?
You can also attach all your card files like excel sheets, reference images and even vectors in the PDF. A downloadable link (as shown below) will be added in a separate page of your tech pack.
To do this simply check include files option from your Doc setting and wait for a couple of seconds for Techpacker to render a new PDF.
|NOTE: As a security measure to avoid misuse of your confidential files, all downloadable links added in your PDF automatically expire after 7-days of generating it. These files, however, are always saved in your techpack board and can be reincluded in a new PDF at any time.|
4. How to include/exclude tables in your PDF?
You can choose to include/exclude the Material and Measurement tables in your Techpack PDF. Use this Include tables option for the same.
5. How to print high-resolution images in your PDF
|NOTE: To keep you PDF file size lighter, all your tech pack images are set to standard resolution by default. Switching to Hi-Res images may increase your PDF file size.|
At anytime you can turn your PDF images from standard to high-resolution. Simply check this High-Res images option and wait for a few seconds for Techpacker to render a new PDF with crisp quality images.
6. How to change the document text size
To fit more data in your techpack pages, you can re-size the text sizes of your document at any time. Simply select between these three options - Large | Medium | Small and wait for the document to re-render with your new sized text.
7. How to include/exclude cards in your PDF
Here you have a list of all cards in each section of your techpack. You can choose to include or exclude any of them in your document.
Use these checkbox options to select or exclude any card or a complete section from your document.
|NOTE: An excluded Measurement or Material Card will still appear in the Table section of your Techpack PDF.|
8. How to edit cards per page layout
You can choose to display 1, 2 or 6 cards per page for each section. To do that simply hover over cards and chose one of these 3 options as shown below.
By default is 2 cards per page Sketches and 6 cards per page for Materials and Measurements are set respectively.
9. How to use the display option in the custom section
Your document settings have a list of every Custom Section. Just like any other section, you can choose to include or exclude any of them.
Click on the display option, located on the right parallel side of each section. and a window pop-up, displaying the below-mentioned options:
- You can choose to display 1, 2 or 6 Cards per page for each section
- Select “Force new page when the table follows another table” to make ____
- Select “Render table before image” to see custom section tables before custom section images and vice-versa
- Select “Include table” to include tables in your doc view and vice-versa