In this article you'll see -
- How the sample fit template works
- How to create a sample fit section
- How to customize the table
- How to archive the table
- How to preview your sample fit table in the PDF
1. How the sample fit template works
You can use our sample fit template to monitor spec differences during sample fit rounds.
When you use a template it automatically extracts the following information from your Measurements table:
- Names of your Measurement Cards
- Your upper tolerance limits TOL(+)
- Your lower tolerance limits TOL(-)
- Your sample sizes and list them all in a table.
An example of a sample fit template
You then simply enter your fit sample measurements under the FIT column and the table will auto-calculate and highlight differences based on your sample size and your tolerance range.
- The default formula in place is New fit sample spec - original sample size = DIFF
- If the difference between your fit sample measurement and your sample size falls outside of your tolerance range, the cell will turn RED.
2. How to create a sample fit section
Before creating a sample fit section -
☑ Make sure to add some point of measurements cards in your measurements table.
☑ In your Measurements table, make sure to add values in both TOL(+) & TOL(-) columns. IMPORTANT: Values in TOL(-) should be preceded by the minus symbol (-) like -1 -1/2 etc..
☑ Set a sample size in your Measurement table by clicking on any size column.
Step 1: In your Cards Board, list all you point of measurements in your Measurements section.
Step 2: Click on New section at the bottom of your Cards Board.
Step 3: A windows will appear featuring different custom section types. Select FIT and click + Create at the bottom of the dialogue.
A table settings dialogue will pop-up for you to provide -
Table name & description
Files & Comments
Status & Dates
Once you update the above information, click out of the dialogue and that's it! Your sample fit table will be available on your cards board.
3. How to customize the table
You can customize your sample fit table by clicking on the top right corner of the table.
A table menu will slide down where you can -
3. How to archive the table
Slide out the table menu as shown above and click the Archive section option there.
5. How to preview your sample fit table in the PDF
You can preview your sample fit table inside your Techpack PDF by clicking on the top navigation menu.
In the Doc settings on the left, you can choose to include or exclude your costing table.