In this article you'll see -
- How the sample fit template works
- How to create a sample fit section
- How to customize the table
- How to archive the table
- How to preview your sample fit table in the PDF
1. How the sample fit template works
You can use our sample fit template to track measurement differences between what you asked vs what you received in your fit sample.
If you use our template it automatically extracts the following information from your Measurements table:
- Names of your Measurement Cards
- Your upper tolerance limits TOL(+)
- Your lower tolerance limits TOL(-)
- Your sample sizes and list them all in a table.
An example of a sample fit template
You then simply enter your fit sample measurements under the FIT column and the table will auto-calculate and highlight differences based on your sample size and your tolerance range.
- The default formula in place is New fit sample spec - original sample size = DIFF
- If the difference between your fit sample measurement and your sample size falls outside of your tolerance range, the cell will turn RED.
2. How to create a sample fit section
Before creating a sample fit section -
☑ Make sure to add some point of measurements cards in your measurements table.
☑ In your Measurements table, make sure to add values in both TOL(+) & TOL(-) columns. IMPORTANT: Values in TOL(-) should be preceded by the minus symbol (-) like -1 -1/2 etc..
☑ Set a sample size in your Measurement table by clicking on any size column.
Step 1: In your Cards Board, list all point of measurements (POM's) in your Measurements section.
Step 2: Click on New section at the bottom of your Cards Board.
Step 3: A windows will appear featuring different custom section templates. Select FIT and click + Create at the bottom of the dialogue.
Step 4: A dialogue window will appear to rename this new section. Type in your new section name here and click Done
That's it! Your sample fit table will now be available on your cards board.
Enter your 1 st Fit column with the specs and the Diff will be automatically calculated for you.
Step 5: All costing table information is enclosed within a card in this custom section. You can simply name the card (as shown below) or can open the card settings dialogue by clicking the gear icon to provide details like the card name, description, an image, keywords, or to even add comments.
3. How to customize the table
You can customize your sample fit table by clicking on the top right corner of the table.
A table menu will slide down where you can -
3. How to archive the table
Slide out the table menu as shown above and click the Archive section option there.
5. How to preview your sample fit table in the PDF
You can preview your sample fit table inside your Techpack PDF by clicking on the top navigation menu.
In the Doc settings on the left, you can choose to include or exclude your costing table.