To share a techpack with your manufacturer, follow these 2 simple steps -
Sometimes, you need to make changes - adding costing, first fit, etc to your tech packs and lock those changes in the same form. This can be done by creating different versions and naming them as per the requirement in Techpacker. You can create and share the most updated PDF version of your tech pack with your manufacturer at any time.
Step 1: Create a tech pack version
To create a new version of your techpack follow these steps:
- Step a: Click on the Doc View on your techpack’s Cards Board
- Step b: At the bottom of document settings, click on create and share versions.
Your latest tech pack version will be listed on the top of versions list with the date & time it was generated.
These versions can be shared with your manufacturers anytime you want by creating and sharing the link.
Step 2: Share your techpack's version
You can share a read-only version of your tech packs with anyone via a public URL link.
Here's how to do it -
- Step a: Select the techpack version you want to share.
- Step b: Click Options next to the version on the right and select enable public link.
- Step d: Click on and you’ll be redirected to a new window tab with the PDF version of your techpack.
Simply copy and share your browser's URL link with your manufacturers that will let them view and download the tech pack PDF.
Step 3: How to rename versions
You can rename your pdf versions. Name it anything by fit, manufacturer, user etc. so that it's easier to recognize the versions.
- Step a: Select the techpack version you want to rename.
- Step b: Click Options next to the version on the right and select rename version
- Step c: Type the name, you want to give to that version and it's saved.