1. How does the sample fit template works
You can use our sample fit template to monitor spec differences during sample fit rounds.
When you use a template it automatically extracts the following information from your Measurements table:
- Names of your Measurement Cards
- Your upper tolerance limits TOL(+)
- Your lower tolerance limits TOL(-)
- Your sample sizes and lists them all in a table.
An example of a sample fit template
- You then simply enter your received fit sample measurements under the FIT column and the table will auto-calculate and highlight differences based on your sample size and your tolerance range.
- The default formula in place is New fit sample spec - original sample size = DIFF
- If the difference between your received fit sample measurement and your original size specs falls outside of your tolerance range, the value will turn RED.
- Your new and final specs. If you want to change any measurement and if there is any deviation found in the measurement with respect to the original specs, the cells will turn ORANGE. This will help your manufacturer, to incorporate the exact changes without going through the complete specs.
- Your comment section. Here you can add any additional comments or changes that you wish to incorporate.
2. How to create a sample fit section
☑ Make sure to add some point of measurement cards in your measurements table.
☑ In your Measurements table, make sure to add values in both TOL(+) & TOL(-) columns.IMPORTANT: Values in TOL(-) should be preceded by the minus symbol (-)like -1 -1/2 etc.
☑ For best practice, enter all the values either in fractions or in decimals(same unit).
Step 1: In your Cards Board, list all your point of measurement in your Measurements section.
Step 2: Click on New section at the bottom of your Cards Board.
Step 3: A window will appear featuring different custom section types. Select Fit and click + Create at the bottom of the dialogue.
Step 4: A dialogue window will appear to rename this new section. Type in your new section name here and click Done
Once you update the above information, click out of the dialogue and that's it! Your sample fit table will be available on your cards board.
Enter your 1st fit specs in the FIT column. The Diff will be automatically calculated for you.
Enter final specs in column New and if you have any additional remarks; add the same in column Comments
Step 5: All Fit table information is enclosed within a card in this custom section. You can simply name the card (as shown below) or can open the card settings dialogue by clicking the gear icon to provide details like the card name, description, image, and keywords, or to even add comments.
3. How to customize the table
You can customize your fit table by clicking on this icon located in the top right corner of the table.
A table menu will slide down where you can manage your column information. To learn how it's done click on this article.
4. How to archive, delete or rearrange the section
Click on this option icon located next to your custom section name.
A table menu will slide down where you can choose from the below options. To learn more about how it's done, click on this article.
5. How to preview your sample fit table in the PDF
You can preview your sample fit table inside your Techpack PDF by clicking on the top navigation menu.
Select the fit section and wait for a couple of seconds for the PDF to render again with the section/s.