In this article you'll see -
1. What is the card library
The card library is a place to store your techpack cards along with their associated images, annotations comments and keywords. You and your organization members can copy these cards at any time while working on new or existing techpacks.
2. What is the difference between personal & organization library?
There are two types of libraries on Techpacker:
The personal library is where each user can store cards for their personal use only.
The organization library is a common library shared among all of the team members who are part of the organization. Everyone can access it, add, edit or copy cards located there.
3. How to access the card library
There are two ways to access the card library:
3a. To access the card library from the Side Menu:
- Click on this icon located on the top-right of your screen to open the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Card Library option.
When inside the library page, you can choose between viewing your personal and the organization library as shown below.
3b. To access card library from the Library Shortcut:
- Step 1: From inside any techpack on your Techpacker's board, click on the icon located on the top-navigation bar.
- Step 2 :A library panel will drop down from the right where you can choose which library you wish to view.
4. How to add or delete cards in the cards library
There are two ways to add cards in your cards library:
4a. To add cards using the library page:
- Step 1 navigate to your library page (as shown above in point 3a).
- Step 2 Click on + Add Card button on the top-right corner of your screen.
4b. Adding cards using the library shortcut:
- Step 1 Open the drop-down Library panel from your Techpack's cards board page.
- Step 2 Select single or multiple cards and drop them into your preferred library.
To delete cards from your cards library:
- Step 1 Navigate to your library page (as shown above in point 3a).
- Step 2 Select single or multiple cards that you want to delete.
- Step 3 Click the option menu located on the top-navigation bar.
- Step 4 Choose the Delete option.
5. How to import cards from the card library
Here's when you really experience the awesomeness of the cards library. At anytime you can import cards from your card library directly to your techpack. With each card you can also import its associated description, image, annotation comments and keywords.
This will save you a ton of time especially on those cards that are used repeatedly in different techpacks.
This is how it works:
- Step 1 Open the drop-down Library panel from your Techpacker's cards board page.
- Step 2 Select the library from which you wish to import the card(s).
- Step 3 Select the card(s) that you wish to import to your techpack.
- Step 4 Drag and drop them in the relevant card category.