1. What is the measurement section?
All techpacks on Techpacker are divided between three main default sections i.e. sketches,materials and measurements,.. and the custom sections.
Measurement section is one of the three main default sections where you will add all points of measurements (POM's) of your design like chest, waist, underarm length, HPS length etc along with their associated specs for each size in the form of measurement table.
Each point of measurement has its own separate card in this section.
A measurement table has all the point of measurements (POM)s and tolerance.
TOL, short for Tolerance that you provide to your manufacturer as an understanding that you'll except the measurements if it's within the tolerance. For example, if the waist measurement that you provided to your manufacturer is 33 1/2 inches and the tolerance as (+/-) 1/2". When you receive your first sample, if the waist is 34" or 33", it's acceptable however if it's 34 1/4", that's considered out of tolerance.
2. How to create a measurement table
There are two ways to add cards in the measurement section:
2a. Adding individual cards
Step 1: There are two ways to add individual measurement cards -
- By clicking on + add measurement
- By dragging in your measurement card image
Each card hosts a set of information. You can add those information related to a particular detail of your POM sure the columns having sizes should be made as size columns.
The sizes added in techpack settings, they will come along with the default columns of the measurement cards.
In order to add information to your measurement table, you can simply click on the cell start typing in the cells.
Enter all the point of measurements and tolerances in the cells of the measurement cards created and your measurement table is ready.
You can also enter information in the cells by copy/paste from excel.
2b. By import csv
You can quickly create a measurement table by directly importing an Excel (CSV format only) with POM's and their tolerances.
Before importing a csv file, make sure your measurement section is completely blank
Click on the import measurement from csv icon located on top of the measurement section.
Browse and select the .csv file you wish to upload and click open.
You can use this excel template to update your measurement table data before importing it on Techpacker.
Step 3: This screen will pop-up where you will select the information from your CSV file you wish to include.
- Under Source you will see the names of the columns from your CSV file
- Under Destination you will select and match the relevant columns where your table data should go.
- For e.g. if in your .csv a column is called NAME, then in the destination area you should also match it with NAME
- If you wish to hide a certain column in your measurement section, you can click on this icon to hide a column as shown above . Your data will be imported, but just won't be visible. You can always unhide that column later through the column manager.
- By default, all columns are imported as size columns. Use this icon to switch them to non-size columns wherever necessary.
- Check the columns you wish to import or exclude from your measurement table.
- You can preview the columns and the order of the final table after you have made all the changes.
- At last, click on this "Import CSV" button to import the table with the final changes made by you.
3. How to add, hide, delete, and rearrange columns in the measurement table
To make any changes in the column, click on the icon located at the right top corner of the table.
To add a new column, click on the +ADD COLUMN at the bottom of the window.
To hide a column, click on the icon and this will hide that column from the table.
To delete a column in a card click on the icon.
To rearrange a column, click on the icon then drag and drop to rearrange that column.
To change the column into size column, click on icon.
4. What is the size and non-size column
To be able to utilize the grading function correctly in the measurements table you must first define your size, non-size columns, and sample-size. You can change the sample size by either clicking on the column header or by going to your techpack settings.
The size columns are highlighted in green color, the colorless columns indicate the non-size columns and the darker green columns indicate sample size.
You can switch any column from size to non-size (and vice versa) using the icon located inside your column manager.
The sample size will automatically be picked from the techpack settings.
5. How to add sub-measurements in the measurement section
Sometimes it is required to have sub-measurements under a major point of measurements. They can be created on Techpacker by following these steps.
Click on the icon located on the right end of each card.
Go to the measurements tab and click on add sub-measurement.
New sub-rows will be added and you can enter the point of measurements in those sub-measurements.
6. How to print measurement section in the PDF?
To print your measurement section/s in your techpack PDF, navigate to the doc view page. From the document settings make sure the measurement section is selected. If not, check the measurement section and wait for a couple of seconds for your new rendered PDF with the measurement section.