In this article you will learn how to add a new design techpack and set up the basics (techpack settings) as follows:
1. Click add techpack
On the Techpacker dashboard page click on the "+ add techpack" button located on the top-right corner.
2. Techpack settings
Your techpack settings will pop-up (as shown below) so you can introduce the basic information such as design title, cover image, size range, color combos, etc.
Start by entering-
- Techpack /Design title.
- Design description.
- A flat sketch or an image of your design that will also serve as the cover image of your techpack in the preview.
When done continue to sizes.
|TIP: To easily navigate across the settings you can switch to tabs mode by clicking on this icon|
3. Size settings
In this section, you will enter the sizing information of your design.
- Enter the Size-range of your design here. You may enter your sizes manually (i.e., one-by-one) in the Custom size field or choose from the default sizes provided above.
- Select your Sample size.
- Select your preferred Units of measurement cm or Inches.
Click on the Colors tab when done.
4) Color settings.
Similarly to the size settings, in this section you will enter the color details of your design.
- Enter the Color-range of your design here. You may enter your sizes manually (i.e., one-by-one) in the Custom size field or choose from the default sizes provided above.
- Select your Sample size.
Click on the Keywords tab to continue.
Adding keywords to your design techpack:
Keywords work similarly to social media hashtags. They help you and your team easily locate a particular techpack through filter search. You can add your own custom keywords based on season, details, silhouette, factory name, etc.
6) Share Settings
In this section, you will define your techpack share settings with your manufacturers, community of designers and brands on Techpacker.
- Invite manufacturers and share your techpack with them. Enter their email(s) and confirm by clicking the add to list button. An invitation email will be sent out inviting them to access the techpack.
- If your manufacturer has a Techpacker account, the shared techpack(s) will be added inside a new folder (named after your brand) and automatically created on their Organization page. In case they do not have an account on Techpacker, they can sign-up using the link provided in the invitation email.
|REMEMBER! Sharing techpacks with manufacturers ONLY gives them the access to read, add comments & print the PDF versions of the techpack. They CANNOT edit!|
- You can choose to make your techpack public or private. Public techpacks are visible to Techpacker’s community via Explore library and can be accessed through search engines like Google.
That's it! Your techpack settings are now complete. You can edit them anytime by clicking on the gear icon located on top of your techpack preview card.
Finish by clicking "done" or anywhere outside the pop-up area. Your new techpack will now be ready on your techpack dashbaord. Click on the techpack to continue editing or adding design details as cards.